« Home | Little Leopard Boy » | How I Will Miss Her » | The Long Goodbye » | Welcome, Little One » | Happy Easter! » | "A Cook's Tour" by Anthony Bourdain » | Knit or Crochet? » | Little J on the Loose! » | Bringing the Assembly Line to Education » | Time to Think » 

Sunday, April 23, 2006 

Thinking Green at the Bookstore

In honor of E-arth Day...well not really, but I was paying enough attention to notice it was...okay back to the point...we went to the dreaded Barnes and Noble this weekend (oh how I will be happy to be home where bookstores are often independent and stock used AND new) and even though I hadn't intended to buy a single thing, I immediately found a fab little compendium about...wait for it...different E-arth friendly building techniques called Building Green. What the heck would I do with a book like that? Well, hopefully, research. And it goes with my current streak of book buying, which started a few weeks ago with It's Easy Being Green.

The real reason we went to the bookstore was to add to Little J's book collection, as I've gotten dreadfully bored with rereading the ones he has (over and over and over, six times a day every day). We bought something I hadn't seen before called Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge. It is all about a little boy who is friends with an old woman who has lost her memory and how he helps her remember bits of things. The second book we bought is a favorite from my childhood (and a little scarier than I remember): Blueberries For Sal. I always thought Sal should be a little boy when I was small, and I find that my mind has reserved that mistaken impression still. Needless to say, Little J is totally taken in by his new additions, even though they are heavy on the words.