« Home | Book Update No. 1 » | Wool-brained » | Dear Sweet Boy » | Library Extravaganza » | Nothing to See Here » | Book Review: Garlic & Sapphires, et. al. » | Book Review: The Update » | There Is A Place We're Calling Home... » | Rhythm and Routine » | Disarray » 

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 

Project Files: Ruined Cloche

Now that I've got that Felted Cloche hat pattern wired because I made eight of them for our business proposal, I tried to make the one I'd bought wool for back in December '05. The hat was going to be a gift for my BF and business partner, so she picked the yarn. I thought it would be no problem, although I altered the pattern slightly for a shorter brim. When it was time to felt the bugger, I had a really bad feeling. I washed and washed and washed the sucker, but to no avail. It is the size of a large mixing bowl! Oh well, apparently I have a lot to learn about felting.

In the meantime, I'm taking a bit of a break from knitting, which is to say I'm only working on one project at a time and its a simple rectangular poncho (my color choices are a bit strange, so I'm calling it a circus poncho) that is done in garter stitch the whole way through with the exception of the ribbed neck and wrists. I'm also going to (FINALLY) finish up a cross stitch project I started in approximately 1999, right before my divorce. It's a very detailed rose on 18 count aida. In my usual fashion, I've added a color to the background, so it will take me a bit longer, but the rose itself is done and is waiting to be backstitched. Then it will be a Christmas gift (seven years in coming) for my mother. Whew.

You've inspired me to dig out some of those old half-afghans and half-hats...my family will be SO happy!

Post a Comment