« Home | Library Extravaganza » | Nothing to See Here » | Book Review: Garlic & Sapphires, et. al. » | Book Review: The Update » | There Is A Place We're Calling Home... » | Rhythm and Routine » | Disarray » | Shorty » | TGIF: Easy on the Links » | Letter Meme, A La Rachel » 

Thursday, September 14, 2006 

Dear Sweet Boy

My son just did something so cute that I need to share it...

I got out of bed before Little J this morn, which is unusual because I really enjoy sleeping in and haven't had a proper opportunity since, well, I can't remember when. We co-sleep, so the kidlet wakes me up when he's READY TO GET MOM'S LAZY BUTT OUTTA BED! RIGHT NOW! Today, he slept in just a bit and when he woke up, he kicked off the covers, slid out of bed and came running (pee diaper swish swish swish) with his arms out and a HUGE grin. When he got to where I'm sitting at the table with my laptop and morning coffee, I got one of his sweet and soft "ma-ma"'s. I hoisted him up, and he immediately turned to my teacup and pointed for me to hold up a sip for him to drink.

Some of us wake up easier and cheerier than others. I, for instance, often need a few minutes before I feel capable of facing rational thought. Little J often feels this way, too, but there are those wonderfully sweet exceptions when he wakes up so happy to see me that it makes me wonder how I can ever get frustrated with him and want to say horrible, awful things. (i.e. last night, when he threw an uber-tantrum whose subject changed every three seconds) Parenting definitely has its sunny moments.