« Home | Project Files: 1st Mimi and The Baby Blanket From ... » | I Want to Think It's 'The Good Fight' » | Thinking Green at the Bookstore » | Little Leopard Boy » | How I Will Miss Her » | The Long Goodbye » | Welcome, Little One » | Happy Easter! » | "A Cook's Tour" by Anthony Bourdain » | Knit or Crochet? » 

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 

Moving Status, Update No. 1

It has recently come to my attention that we're going to be moving in a few very short weeks. Like about two and a half, to be precise. That means I have only about two more minutes to freak about before I have to start cramming things into boxes so there will be something to pack the truck with. I have considered very seriously taking it all to the dump (minus hubbo's comic collection and the kid's toys) and then starting fresh once we get there so we won't have to go through the pain of packing and unpacking (and hauling it across country, stuffing things into a miniature storage space, then pulling it all out again once we've gotten to Pote-land and found an apartment). As you may have guessed, I don't much like packing.

The only problem is that the kid doesn't sleep through ANYTHING, and also doesn't like it when I start taping up boxes and putting our things into them. So this should be a really pleasant and enjoyable couple weeks. NOT.

We moved across town when B was almost exactly your son's age, and that was hard enough! So I feel for you, over here. Do I remember how I did it? Uh, no. Not really. The brain blocks out trauma, I think.

Post a Comment