« Home | Moving Status, Update No. 1 » | Project Files: 1st Mimi and The Baby Blanket From ... » | I Want to Think It's 'The Good Fight' » | Thinking Green at the Bookstore » | Little Leopard Boy » | How I Will Miss Her » | The Long Goodbye » | Welcome, Little One » | Happy Easter! » | "A Cook's Tour" by Anthony Bourdain » 

Thursday, April 27, 2006 

**Vo-cab-a-larry**

(Okay, the post title looks a little silly, but it's a reference to Chris Tucker's character in The Fifth Element)

A post by Rachel over at Milkbreath and Me makes me (laugh my ass off) want to share: Jack has finally started accruing a vocabulary. (yay! whoopee! sweet!) So far, he only regularly uses Na Na (mom) and Da Da. But occasionally:

Chee - Cheese
Joo - Juice
Dah - Dog
Shoo - Shoes

Thanks to Big J, he also says "Doh" just like Homer Simpson. You have no idea how frustrating this is for me on several levels. I mean, he's only just now acquiring speech, and my sweetie is already teaching him things that make me worry that he won't be scarred for life by poor English skills. I know, I'm making a bigger stink than is warranted.

Oh, yeah, and you know that show, Vicar of Dibley, with Dawn French? You know the character that dithers? No, no, no, no, no, no...yes. Well, we've taught him that as well. Parents are evil.

LOVE "The Fifth Element" & you captured 'Ruby Rhod' perfectly w/Vo-cab-a-larry! *cheers* |_|)

Post a Comment