« Home | Naturally Suckered » | RAT BASTARD!!!!!! » | Procreative Chance » | Moving Status, Update No. 2 » | Stupid Television Tricks » | Book Meme » | My Day » | Quicky Apologize w/A Bit'o 'Splaination » | Project Files: One More Blanket » | **Vo-cab-a-larry** » 

Monday, May 08, 2006 

Project Files: Nearly There, What a Relief

I have been working on a knit black shoulder bag since Christmas (2005, thankfully not earlier). Since it will eventually be felted, the knitting is taking a nightmarish amount of time. Much like that blanket I made for my sis's baby, actually. It's knitting in the round, so no counting, no variety, nothing to break the monotony except tying in another skein. Six skeins so far - times 190 yards - that's nearly twelve hunderd yards of black wool - times three feet - which is nearly a half a mile of yarn. The ends of my fingers get raw just thinking about it. I've done the entire thing without a pattern, just making it up as I go and hoping my estimates turn out alright.

Doing things the hard way - that's my motto.

Speaking of no pattern, the varsity sweater for Little J is shaping up nicely, though with a few regrets. I sewed the first finished arm together to see if it might work. It gets a passing grade, so now I'm going to work on the back piece and sew one whole side together to try on the munchers. This is my quickie project compared to the shoulder bag, so I switch over to get a break and let my poor fingertips rest. I just hope he can wear it for more than a week!

Felting seems wrong---the kind of thing you'd do by mistake. Having said that, I've seen some cute patterns for felted crochet, which I think I'll try instead of reading for a while

Post a Comment