« Home | Procreative Chance » | Moving Status, Update No. 2 » | Stupid Television Tricks » | Book Meme » | My Day » | Quicky Apologize w/A Bit'o 'Splaination » | Project Files: One More Blanket » | **Vo-cab-a-larry** » | Moving Status, Update No. 1 » | Project Files: 1st Mimi and The Baby Blanket From ... » 

Friday, May 05, 2006 

RAT BASTARD!!!!!!

Chris Eccleston, the esteemed ninth doctor, has just announced that he will be starring as #6 on a remake of a show from the 60's called The Prisoner.

FUCKING RAT BASTARD!!!!

He is, was and always will be my favorite doctor, but I'm really pissed that he's coming back to doing television after using the intensity of filming for a TV series as his excuse to leave Doctor Who. Yes, I'm being ridiculous on so many levels, but..but...

Oh, foo.

I loved Doctor Who when I used to watch it with my kids---that must have been the first esteemed Dr., but haven't seen it in quite a while. Still, when you're a fan, you're entitled to be disappointed when someone makes a crappy career move, which I trust was the leaving of Dr Who, not the taking on of The Prisoner, also a wonderful show back in the day. Very progressive for its time, and just the vehicle for a fucking rat bastard.

How are you liking Will in the World? It's out there on my get-to list. And BTW, I've read almost everything on the meme list because I've been reading for almost 60 years.

I'm sure CE feels his career move is just fine, thank you, but Doctor Who fans like me will miss him. I think I'm going to post about the episode we watched today - it was superbly written and is doing some really interesting foreshadowing to the season finale.

Will in the World is really great, and it just came out in paperback as well. I feel like I'm learning and having a good time simultaneously, which I don't normally feel when I'm reading about "serious" things. And yeah, I know you've had longer to read things than I, but it still made me feel like I'd slacking off for just a moment.

Post a Comment